About Arts Alive
Arts Alive SDSU provides opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to engage in transformational arts interactions as part of an arts-rich, robust educational community on the campus of San Diego State University.
- To broaden awareness of the range of arts programming at SDSU, while increasing attendance at SDSU arts events both on and off campus
- To infuse academically informed arts events and arts practices into curriculum at SDSU, expanding opportunities for non-arts majors to think about and make art
- To expand innovative, interdisciplinary art-making opportunities for non-arts Majors
- To develop a national profile as an arts-infused educational institution, providing a model of arts integration, interdisciplinary programing, and artful assessment
Arts Alive SDSU Events
- Signature Events are the highest quality arts events that SDSU has to offer. These events are academically-informed and fully produced to showcase SDSU’s broad range of artistic talent.
- Supported Events are curriculum-based, public performances and presentations from various academic arts disciplines, faculty-guided student organizations, as well as work created in classes.
- Pop Up Events are designed to meet the goals of Arts Alive SDSU by promoting and highlighting Signature and Supported events. Pop Ups bring the arts outside of traditional venues to the center of student activity – whether at the library, the student union, or the farmer’s market. These events are designed to develop audience awareness and attendance at Signature events. When Pop Up programming is performance-based, events range from 10 – 45 minutes in length.
Pop-Up Event Locations
- Art at the Market – performances and exhibits at the campus farmer’s market
- Art under the Dome – performances and exhibits at the Library
- Art at the Union – performances and exhibits at the Student Union
- Art Benches – public art project featuring painted benches around SDSU campus