Arts Alive Certificate
Open to all majors, the Arts Alive Certificate is a recognition of those students who adopt an interdisciplinary approach to their study of the arts, humanities, and sciences. It offers ways for students to explore a variety of sociopolitical and cultural issues through the visual and performing arts. Students who complete the program will receive a printed certificate, a line on their co-curricular transcript, and graduating students will receive an honor cord for their graduation regalia.
Students may earn credit for the Arts Alive Certificate through the following activities:
- Attending a Discovery Series Panel Discussion
- Watching a recording of a Discovery Series Panel Discussion on youtube
- Completing and submitting a survey for the Discovery Series panel events
- You MUST attend a Discovery Series Panel Conversation OR watch a Discovery Series recording and submit a reflection form first (BEFORE completing this survey)
- Attending Discovery Series Art Events (Performance, Screening, or Exhibit)
- Completing an end-of-year reflection form by May 6, 2022
- Enrolling in one course designated as part of the Interdisciplinary Collaborative Teaching Program
- Attending one culminating event of a course in the Interdisciplinary Collaborative Teaching Program (other than ICT course in which you are enrolled)
- Attending or participate in one event associated with the Artist in Residence Program
- Serving as an Arts Alive intern or Arts Alive student assistant for a semester
- Delivering a presentation at the Student Research Symposium that qualifies for the Arts Alive Award (integrating arts, humanities, and sciences)
- Delivering a presentation at the Student Research Symposium that wins the Arts Alive Award
Each of the above activities will have a corresponding point value. Students will accrue points by participating in the events of their choice until they have reached the required 75 points to earn the certificate. Student participation and points will be tracked on sdsu.presence.io.